POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Group? : Re: New Group? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Group?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 4 Mar 2000 10:46:25
Message: <bib2css0e7eksoi7dh6lmu1kgqsfo6aq93@4ax.com>
On Sat, 04 Mar 2000 09:10:33 -0500 Chris Huff <chr### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

>Hmm, it might be a good idea, if it doesn't end up being redundant
>somehow...

  Maybe. Bill's got an interesting idea that I've considered in the
past, also. But, would it end up being a depository for a someone's
series of ten 100k test images? If it did, I'd probably end up pulling
the plug (unsubscribing) on that group due to the online time necessary
to retrieve that stuff. Ideally, an binary.images group should be
unrestricted since it'll scroll in short order anyway but, in practice,
a group that is over-satuated with big file, test renders wouldn't be
popular for long for folks with modem access.